OVIDEO #11: Nuggets to Lessen the Fear of Public Speaking
This Video is the eleventh of Nineteen about Lessening The Fear of Public Speaking!
Fred Miller, “NO SWEAT Public Speaking!”
Here’s another one off my Nuggets to Lessen the Fear of Public Speaking.
Cotton Mouth! Throat dry! Very hard to talk when you have Cotton Mouth!
It happens for a number of reasons:
- Nerves! That can certainly do it!
- Sometime just Dry Air. That will dry you out.
- Other times – antihistamines. If you can wait till other times to take those – do it!
Now here’s a couple tips to lessen that Dry Mouth.
- Water! I always bring my own water.
- Bring it in a bottle. It’s less likely to spill on something, and room temperature!
- Cold water – Hot water – NOT good for the vocal chords.
- Now you have to practice with this. Put one between your cheek and your gum. See how quickly it’s going to dissolve. See what size piece to use.
- NOT red! It will look like – you’re bleeding!
This stuff works!
Till next time, Fred Miller – NO SWEAT!
For More Presentation Tips go to http://www.youtube.com/fredemiller
For reading, and/or listening, this far I’d like to give you Two FREE Gifts:
An Elevator Speech Template and an Elevator Speech Worksheet.
(Who hasn’t struggled with their Elevator Speech!)
Go to: https://nosweatpublicspeaking.com/elevator-speech-template to receive it!
(You may be asked to update your profile even if it hasn’t changed. Please do!)
About the Author
Fred E. Miller is a speaker, a coach, and the author of the book,
“No Sweat Public Speaking!”
Businesses and individuals hire him because they want to improve their
Public Speaking and Presentation Skills.
They do this because they know:
Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
They also know:
We perceive really great speakers to be Experts.
Perception is reality, and we like to work with Experts.
He shows them how to:
Develop, Practice, and Deliver ‘Knock Your Socks Off Presentations!’ with –
- Keynote Speaker
- Workshop Facilitator
- Breakout Sessions
- Public Speaking and Presentation Coaching
- The Fear of Public Speaking
- Your Elevator Speech
- Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.