It gives COMPLETENESS.
Throughout history, the number THREE has been used in a variety
of important ways.
- Three blind mice.
- Three strikes – you’re out!
- Ready – Aim – Fire!
- The third time is the charm.
- The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
- I came, I saw, I conquered.
- Good – Better – Best!
- Low – Medium – High
- A Three-Act play is the standard structure in Hollywood.
- In a speech, there is the Opening – Body – Conclusion.
- When telling jokes, the formula is: Setup – Anticipation – Punch line.
THREE is also a magical number when it come to
DELIVERING GREAT PRESENTATIONS!
We want the audience to remember our message. People can’t recall more than three or four things. Using THREE items, adjectives, or descriptions will increase the odds your audience will
GET IT! and remember your message.
Use ONE for emphasis.
• Zoom is a great way to virtually deliver presentations.
Use TWO for comparison.
• Fast – Slow.
• Up -Down.
• Black – White.
Use THREE for completeness.
• Examples below.
Use FOUR OR MORE for a list.
• A shopping or a To-Do list.
Examples of Three:
“Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities!”
“I Speak, Coach, and Write about Networking, Public Speaking, and Presentation Skills.”
“Don’t use Buzz Words, Acronyms, or Techno-Speak.”
Here is the Rule of Three with using Alliteration.
Alliteration is the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.
“If we want the audience to GET IT! we need to Educate, Entertain, and Explain.”
“A great Elevator Speech should be Clear, Concise, and Consistent.”
We do a lot of this intuitively. Now that you know the power of THREE, do this:
When you’re using TWO items, adjectives, or descriptions – goose it up one.
If employing FOUR OR MORE, drop them down to THREE.
That’s the Importance of Three for Speeches and Communication:
Understand it – Practice it – Use it.
Do that, and I guarantee your next presentation will be absolutely, positively – NO SWEAT!
Businesses, Individuals, and Organizations hire him because they want to improve their Networking, Public Speaking, and Presentation Skills.
They do this because they know:
Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
They also know:
We perceive really great speakers to be Experts. We like to work with Experts.
He shows them how to: Develop, Practice, and Deliver Fantastic Presentations! with – NO SWEAT!
- Keynote Speaker
- Workshop Facilitator
- Breakout Sessions
- Personal and Group Public Speaking and Presentation Coaching
- Lessening The Fear of Public Speaking with – NO SWEAT!
- Crafting Your Elevator Speech, Floor by Floor with – NO SWEAT!
- Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
- We are All Self-Employed!