Fred Miller, “NO SWEAT Public Speaking!”
Here are three things NOT to do with eye contact.
Number One: Don’t stare.
No one likes to be stared at. It makes them feel very uneasy.
Number Two: Don’t be a searchlight – going like this. Do not do that.
What you want to do is:
• Looks at someone, finish a thought.
• Move on to someone else, finish your thought.
• Keep doing that until you finish that thought.
And Number Three: When you’re answering a question, look at that person.
• Finish your thought, and then move on to someone else.
• Because if you just look at the person who asks the question, they’ll ask another one. You’ll answer that and you’re in a conversation. Don’t do that.
Follow those three pieces of advice when using eye contact and I guarantee your next presentation we’ll be absolutely, positively NO SWEAT!
About the Author
Fred E. Miller is a speaker, an international coach, and the author of the books,
“NO SWEAT Public Speaking!” and
“NO SWEAT Elevator Speech!”
Businesses, Individuals, and Organizations hire him because they want to improve their Networking, Public Speaking, and
They do this because they know:
Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
They also know:
We perceive really great speakers to be Experts. We like to work with Experts.
He shows them how to: Develop, Practice, and Deliver Fantastic Presentations! with – NO SWEAT!
- Keynote Speaker
- Workshop Facilitator
- Breakout Sessions
- Personal and Group Public Speaking and Presentation Coaching
- Lessening The Fear of Public Speaking with – NO SWEAT!
- Crafting Your Elevator Speech, Floor by Floor with – NO SWEAT!
- Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
- We are All Self-Employed!
Audible offers “NO SWEAT Elevator Speech!” as an audio book.
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions about this post or other posts please contact me: Fred@NoSweatPublicSpeaking.com.
Thank you for your continued support. It is greatly appreciated!