0HOW Best to GET and ANSWER Them?
Q&A Can be an Important Part of Your Presentation.
HOW Best To GET and ANSWER Them?
In Your Opening, Tell the audience WHEN you’ll handle questions.
(See previous Post for WHEN.)
At the appropriate Time, Don’t say, “Do you have any questions?”
Better to raise Your Hand and Ask, “What questions do you have for me?”
When Answering a Question:
- Look the Questioner directly in the eye.
- Finish a thought.
- Move your eyes to another person and finish a thought.
- Repeat till answered.
If You Don’t Move Eye Contact to Others:
- They could ask a Follow-up Question.
- You could answer it.
- You end up in a conversation and exclude others!
NO ONE likes to be Stared at!
If Don’t Know or Can’t Remember Answer: NEVER
- Lie or Fake an Answer.
- Throw the Question out to the Audience.
- If You Do. . .
- You could lose control.
- Answers given may be wrong.
- Time Management Issues multiply.
- DO Say.
- “Catch me after the presentation and we’ll figure this out.”
- If You Do. . .
With a Large Audience, and especially if No Mic for People asking Questions. . .
- Repeat the Question so All Hear It.
- Perhaps Paraphrase it.
Want to be a better Presenter? Get this FREE Speaker’s Template Here!
About the Author
Fred E. Miller is a speaker, a coach, and the author of the book,
“No Sweat Public Speaking!”
Businesses, Individuals, and Organizations hire him because they want to improve their
Networking, Public Speaking, and Presentation Skills.
They do this because they know:
Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
They also know:
We perceive really great speakers to be Experts.
Perception is reality, and we like to work with Experts.
He shows them how to:
Develop, Practice, and Deliver ‘Knock Your Socks Off Presentations!’ with –
- Keynote Speaker
- Workshop Facilitator
- Breakout Sessions
- Public Speaking and Presentation Coaching
- Lessening The Fear of Public Speaking with – NO SWEAT!
- Crafting Your Elevator Speech, Floor by Floor with – NO SWEAT!
- Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
- We are All Self-Employed!