We’ve all heard the expression,
“Practice makes perfect.”
It’s not true.
Perfect practice makes perfect. However, and I don’t know where I read this,
“The road to perfection never ends.”
That statement aside, the mantra we’ve all heard from coaches, teachers, and parents, is:
“Practice, Practice Practice.”
When it comes to practicing a speech,
- Practice in front of a mirror
- Practice into a voice recorder – and listen to yourself
- Practice in front of a video camera – and watch yourself
- Practice in front of friends and family – and ask for feedback and take it to heart
- Ask specifics from your audience, such as, ‘If there were two things I could improve – what are they?
- Practice in your car when you have ‘windshield time’
Your speaking can always improve.
The best of the best make it look easy and natural because they Practice, Practice, Practice!