Is a POWER PHRASE
to use in Your
Most, when asked, “What do you do?” respond with verbiage like:
- “I help people . . . “
- “I work with companies . . .”
Those answers sound a bit wimpy to me! They also convey the message the individual may not expect to be compensated for what they do. Perhaps they are independently wealthy and “help” and “work with” folks for FREE!
Here’s how I incorporate that POWER PHRASE
into my Elevator Speech.
“Businesses, individuals, and organizations, HIRE ME because they want to improve their networking, public speaking, and presentation skills.”
- Are you good at what you do?
- Are you proud what you do?
- Do you want to be seen as an EXPERT?
- Do you want to be compensated for your expertise and what you do?
If you’re proud of what you do, good at it, want to be seen as an EXPERT, and want to be paid; consider deleting “help” and “work with” from your Elevator Speech.
HIRE ME says,
- “I’m good at what I do. “
- “I’m proud of it.”
- “I get paid to do it!”
Once, when giving a seminar on crafting a great Elevator Speech, I was told, “It sounds like you have an attitude with that ‘Hire Me’ statement, Fred!”
My reply was, “Absolutely! Would you prefer working with someone who’s not proud of their work?”
If you, also, feel that way, don’t use HIRE ME! You’ll come across as not believing it when you say it. You don’t want to convey that message!
If uncomfortable with the phrase, ‘HIRE ME,’
consider one of the following:
- “Engage our service.”
- “Choose me.”
- “Become my client.”
- “Pay us money.”
- “Write us checks.”
- A physician might say, “Become my patients.”
The word, “because,” is important to use because it is an influencer word. When younger, remember asking a parent, “Why do I have to . . .?” The response was probably, “Because I said so!” or “Because it’s the right thing to do.”
Incorporate that, or a similar POWER PHRASE into your Elevator Speech and it will be absolutely, positively – NO SWEAT!
Businesses, Individuals, and Organizations hire him because they want to improve their Networking, Public Speaking, and Presentation Skills.
They do this because they know:
Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
They also know:
We perceive really great speakers to be Experts, and we like to work with Experts.
He shows them how to:
Develop, Practice, and Deliver ‘Knock Your Socks Off Presentations!’ with –
- Keynote Speaker
- Workshop Facilitator
- Breakout Sessions
- Personal and Group Public Speaking and Presentation Coaching
- Lessening The Fear of Public Speaking with – NO SWEAT!
- Crafting Your Elevator Speech, Floor by Floor with – NO SWEAT!
- Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
- We are All Self-Employed!