Much Better Zoom Presenter
Here is the ‘BackStory’ of how I became a
Much Better Zoom Presenter.
In spring 2020 my wife and I were in South Africa. Covid was spreading quickly and forced us to cut our travel plans. We returned home on March 17th.
The world we left was not the one we returned to!
The situation bummed me out and I didn’t do much for a few weeks. Eventually, I started attending on-line zoom meetings.
While this technology gave the opportunity to virtually meet, network, and present, there were SERIOUS PROBLEMS
- I’ve looked up more noses than an ear, nose, and throat doctor.
- I’ve seen “inappropriate” items displayed on walls, shelves, and tables.
- I’ve been unable to understand participants because of their poor audio.
- I’ve seen backgrounds and lighting that don’t flatter the speaker.
- I’ve had a hard time, as have other attendees, concentrating on speakers and their messages because of poor internet connections, multiple distractions, and technical glitches.
All the above is CLUTTER.
They distract attendees and the presenter!
After struggling through a number of zoom meetings, realizing the pandemic was not going away quickly, and virtual meetings were going to grow, I was compelled to come up with some fixes.
And I did!
First and foremost!
We cannot Multitask!
Multi-Tasking is a myth. We cannot do more than one thing at a time.
Here is the example I give all my clients:
If you watch any cable news channel you’ll notice there is often a “ticker tape” running along the bottom of the screen. If you’re reading that text as it scrolls along, you miss the audio, and often the video, of the interview or news story you were watching – correct?
Confirming this is the fact that as soon as a commercial comes on, the ticker tape is gone! Advertisers would ever pay big bucks to have their messages not have an audience’s complete attention!
Here’s the FIX!
After initial introductions, the facilitator should mute all participants and have them turn off their video. This eliminates distractions for the presenter and attendees. It also gives the platform more band width, possibly stopping connection problems. These functions can be turned on for Q&A and Discussions.
A LOT can be done
Before and During
Virtual Meetings to make them Great!
FREE Zoom Checklist
and start hosting and attending much better on-line meetings!
About the Author
Fred E. Miller is a speaker, an international coach, and the author of the books,
“NO SWEAT Public Speaking!” and
“NO SWEAT Elevator Speech!”
Businesses, Individuals, and Organizations hire him because they want to improve their Networking, Public Speaking, and Presentation Skills.
They do this because they know:
Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
They also know:
We perceive really great speakers to be Experts. We like to work with Experts.
He shows them how to: Develop, Practice, and Deliver Fantastic Presentations! with – NO SWEAT!
- Keynote Speaker
- Workshop Facilitator
- Breakout Sessions
- Personal and Group Public Speaking and Presentation Coaching
- Lessening The Fear of Public Speaking with – NO SWEAT!
- Crafting Your Elevator Speech, Floor by Floor with – NO SWEAT!
- Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
- We are All Self-Employed!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, Podcast Channel, and connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook.
My books can be purchased on amazon.com.
“NO SWEAT Public Speaking”
“NO SWEAT Elevator Speech!”
You have unread messages (4) from Rebecca! Read now: https://clck.ru/ehtqd?h=986325538c7055cdb4ef629bfdaf0e7a- says