The “Magic of Three” to help the audience GET IT!
In literature, Alliteration is the conspicuous repetition of identical initial consonant sounds in successive or closely associated syllables within a group of words, even those spelled differently.
As a method of linking words for effect, alliteration is also called head rhyme or initial rhyme. (Wikipedia)
Alliteration also works well for presenting.
Example: TEDTalk coaches suggest:
One hour of Preparation for every minute of Presentation.
Combine Alliteration with the “Magic of Three.”
Why use Three?
It adds completeness to your message.
Your audience can’t remember more than three or four things.
- One for emphasis.
- Two for comparison.
- Three for completeness.
- Four or more for a list.
Combining “The Magic of Three” with Alliteration exponentially increases the odds the audience will GET IT!!
- An Elevator Speech should be
- Clear, Concise, and Consistent.
- If you want the audience to GET IT!
- Educate, Entertain, and Explain.
- The Thee P’s of Selling:
- Product Knowledge, Prospecting, and Persistence.
- Addiction is a disease of
- Silence, Secrecy, and Shame.
Understand and use Alliteration and “The Magic of Three” in your presentations and I guarantee they will be absolutely, positively – NO SWEAT!
About the Author
Fred E. Miller is a speaker, an international coach, and the author of the books,
“NO SWEAT Public Speaking!” and
“NO SWEAT Elevator Speech!”
Businesses, Individuals, and Organizations hire him because they want to improve their Networking, Public Speaking, and
They do this because they know:
Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
They also know:
We perceive really great speakers to be Experts. We like to work with Experts.
He shows them how to: Develop, Practice, and Deliver Fantastic Presentations! with – NO SWEAT!
- Keynote Speaker
- Workshop Facilitator
- Breakout Sessions
- Personal and Group Public Speaking and Presentation Coaching
- Lessening The Fear of Public Speaking with – NO SWEAT!
- Crafting Your Elevator Speech, Floor by Floor with – NO SWEAT!
- Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
- We are All Self-Employed!