0 PowerPoint Design 24/7 Produced Fantastic Slides for these 7 Presentation Tips!
1. Use Personal Stories to reinforce the points you make in the body of
Make three to five points per presentation. Because they are your stories,
they’re easier to remember and tell.
2. Write your own Introduction.
It is not your bio.
It should answer three questions.
1. WHY this subject?
2. WHY this speaker?
3. WHY now?
3. Remember the Law of Primacy and Recency.
The audience best remembers the first and last things they see and hear.
This is why you want a Strong Opening and a Strong Closing.
4. If you use Props, put them out of site when finished with them else they
become a distraction to the audience.
This includes PowerPoint, where you can hit the “B” Button on your keyboard
to make the screen go blank!
5. Don’t use Buzz Words, Acronyms, or Techno-Speak.
Everyone doesn’t know their meaning and you’ll lose your audience.
6. Don’t use Handouts.
Unless it is a workshop, handouts will be a distraction to the audience.
7. When using Slides, stand to the left (as the audience faces) of the screen.
We read left to right.
For More Presentation Tips go to:
For reading, and/or listening, this far I’d like to give you Two FREE Gifts:
An elevator Speech Template and an Elevator Speech Worksheet
To receive them, go to:
About the Author
Fred E. Miller is a speaker, a coach, and the author of the book,
“No Sweat Public Speaking!”
Businesses, Individuals, and Organizations hire him because they want to improve their
Networking, Public Speaking, and Presentation Skills.
They do this because they know:
Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
They also know:
We perceive really great speakers to be Experts.
Perception is reality, and we like to work with Experts.
He shows them how to:
Develop, Practice, and Deliver ‘Knock Your Socks Off Presentations!’ with –
- Keynote Speaker
- Workshop Facilitator
- Breakout Sessions
- Public Speaking and Presentation Coaching
- Lessening The Fear of Public Speaking with – NO SWEAT!
- Crafting Your Elevator Speech, Floor by Floor with – NO SWEAT!
- Speaking Opportunities are Business, Career, and Leadership Opportunities.
Copyright © Fred Co dba No Sweat Public Speaking, 2014.
All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced without Fred E. Miller’s express consent.